1.20.2011

The Bitchlogs, Volume 4

Last night I finished filling my 4th journal. I prefer to call it my bitchlog. The term stems from a conversation I had with Julie (who coined it?) when I told her I would write when I was angry or sad, but not much when I was happy.  That is where the blog tag comes from!

It leaves a skewed view.  And I only started writing them in 2000, a little before this blog, so it's weird to have this record from that point forward but not of the previous era, although of course some of the writing (as always) is about the past.

Not included in this tally of bitchlogs are:

1) The one we had to write in 7th grade in Mr. Greene's class.  I'd love to read that.

2) The four pages I wrote on a high school trip to Ireland in April 1999.  They start with an amazing burst of nonsense.  I would like to share this with you, reader:

Today is the 25th anniversary of ABBA winning the Eurovision Song Contest in 1974 with "Waterloo." Cows sit down when there's going to be a storm. We are all sitting, hence it might rain.  The people from NY thought Erica and Cia were lesbians.  EVAN IS THE BIGGEST NUB IN THE WORLD!
My favorite part, though, occurs further down the page. "And Andrea had Samoas!" ABBA, New York, lesbians, and Girl Scout cookies, all with no connecting thread between them.  My interests have not changed much over time.

No comments: